Thursday, February 24, 2011

Not the news I wanted

I received a letter from our social worker a couple of days ago. She had talked to the social worker in charge of our finalization. She sent me a list of the paperwork that was left to be done and the date that the other social worker was giving the court for finalization. She told me earlier in the month that the dates he gives court are usually very accurate. So with anticipation I skimmed the form and found "date of finalization" which read: 11/19/11. Oh, my heart sank. I knew that it would not be early spring, but at least early summer! I haven't broken the news to "M" yet. She is so anxious to be adopted. I know that there will always be a bit of uneasiness until it is official. Why, oh why does it have to be that far away. The only thing left to do is his part which is a child study (whatever that is). But as I have heard before, there are others that have waited longer. At least we have her, so to me there really isn't going to be too much of a difference, but to her, it is a huge deal.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Melissa! It is hard to understand but we'll keep trusting and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I know how you feel! It took us two full years to finalize our boys adoption, and we were on pins and needles the whole time, but trying not to let on to the boys. May God grant you peace in the waiting!

    ReplyDelete