Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Adoption Finalization Update

I have had a few people ask when we will finalize "M". I sure do wish I could tell you, but since I really don't know, I can't. What I do know is that we just met with one of our social workers. This social worker is the one that does our monthly visits and keeps in contact with us. She let me know that the social worker who is in charge of our homestudy and finalization has a list of families he is working on to finalize and we are #10 of 30. She was encouraged saying she thought that the families before us would finalize in the spring, so drawing conclusions maybe late spring or early summer. Here's hoping. It is a better projection than the last one which was by the end of 2011.

We aren't sitting around doing nothing though. If you have ever adopted, you know that sitting around and doing nothing is hard. We are getting new TB tests, getting our CPR up to date and getting statements of health for our other kids. The former two have or will soon expire, so it is nothing new to work on, just keeping current. The latter was a new thing to complete. When we were working with a private agency, I remember taking the CPR class for the second time in the process and feeling very discouraged. A year in and no prospect of a child. At least this time around we have our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment