Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Belated Valentines!

I hope that you had a wonderful day yesterday. I am a little late in posting, but that is mostly because I was a bit busy to sit at the computer for any length of time.

Jathan and I celebrated Saturday night with dinner out at Chili's (I love gift cards), a little shopping (now that is something that I don't love to do, but Jathan insisted that I buy a belt since my one and only one fell apart and purchase new running shoes) then we headed over to some friend's house for a game. The game was guys against girls. It wasn't exactly marriage building, but it did help us practice seeking forgiveness from each other. And just to let you know the girls won! To help Jathan's sore feelings we stopped by Coldstone Creamery (yet another gift card) on the way home. That will lift anyone's spirits!

Yesterday, was more of a working Valentines. The kids and I had school. And with it being Jathan's day off he worked really hard at tearing out the carpet and padding and removing/prying off the nail strips. The nail strips were not easy to get up from the concrete, I image they had been there since the 80's when the house was built. Before Jathan was finished he took "M" to an appointment and I took over the job. The other three kids were at a neighbors house, I enjoyed the quiet (except the pounding of the hammer on the concrete and my music blaring) Jathan said he didn't want me to mess with it, but once he left I changed clothes and got to work. As I was working I was formulating in my mind my answer to convince him that it was good I didn't listen to him and did it anyway. I was practicing my "I love you and I wanted to be an encouragement, I enjoy this type of thing, so it was fun, I was careful not to hurt myself" speech. Thankfully when he got home, he was happy on the progress and admitted that he was beginning to get overwhelmed with this project and how he was going to get ready for a bible study on Tuesday and a sermon on Wednesday. So I wasn't in trouble. Jathan's parents sent the kids money to take us out for dinner, so that was what we did in the evening. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!

In case you are wondering why Jathan was ripping up carpet, we are redoing our floor in the kitchen, family room and dining room. It has been something we have wanted to do for a while, the carpet is quite disgusting (it is under our dining room table, you can probably picture what it looks like) and the linoleum in the kitchen, well, it is an eyesore and beginning to come up. In the midst of figuring out what I want, God blessed us with wood laminate flooring at an amazing price from a friend. When it is all said and done I will show you pictures and share with you more about how we got the floor.

Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment