Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Time to Train Clarification

I hope, if you are a parent of children in the home, that when you read my original post, that it was encouraging to see that fruit will come. I hope also, though, that you didn't think I have it all together in my training of my children. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have so much to learn. I wrote the post mostly to remind myself of the importance of taking the time to train. Because it does take time, lots of time and lots of patience! Little by little, when we have taken the much needed time, it has been fruitful. I need to remember that. In the daily grind, we get so caught up in crossing things off of our list (I am really talking to myself), that we forget what our goals are. I get so caught up in the short little sprint of the day, that the marathon of life is no where in view. Of course sometimes we need to focus on today to remain sane, but we have to remember what our goals are.

Thank you to all that have commented.

On a practical level, one comment was about arranging the kitchen so the kids could unload the dishwasher. I have run across this when I have had my kids unload. I told them to put all the items that belonged in a place too high for them to reach on the counter. I found 90% of the items on the counter. So that is one thing I do myself. But if I would rearrange, it wouldn't have to be that way. I want to have an atmosphere for training. I would love to hear of ideas that that you have had or have heard that has helped you train your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment