Saturday, February 20, 2010

Romanesco Broccoli



In my post below, I talked about trying new vegetables that you might not otherwise try if it weren't for the Farmers Market. Well about a month ago I was introduced to a new vegetable called Romanesco Broccoli or Cauliflower. Click here for a link about it (and a better picture).

I thought I would introduce you to this odd vegetable. I think it is the prettiest of veggies and after hearing a farmer and some other people at the market going on and on about it, I started asking some questions. So I got the information I needed to try it at home, and I am oh, so glad that I did.

It you get a chance to ever try it (maybe your market sells it too). You have to.

Here's what I did.

Wash, cut and arrange on a baking sheet.


Press garlic and mix with extra virgin oil. Brush on the cauliflower. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt. In a 500 degree oven, bake for atleast 15 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Enjoy.

It doesn't even taste like cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment