Monday, September 13, 2010

Before Our Trip Continues

I know that my story of our trip out East has taken a long time. I still have only covered the first stop of our multi-state excursion, and we have been home a month. But that month has been full, so here are just some random things going on in our lives...

1) Most of the first two weeks after we returned home was getting ready for school. As a Homeschool Mom, every year is different and new to me, but this year especially is new and different. First, the younger two joined a charter school. "M" had to in order for me to school her at home and Drew did because I thought I could use some help with him. So this involves learning a new system and having other people involved in the schooling. The benefits are a huge amount of resources and help if we need it. So we are testing the waters with it. I didn't want to enroll all kids before I knew what we were getting into. There are some potential down sides, so we will see. Another difference this year is I went from 2 students to 4. I am still getting use to arranging my day in order to have individual instruction time with each. It is a bonus that they are close in age (grades K, 1st, 2nd and 3rd), I have combined a few subjects.

2) We had "M's" birthday. She is now 6. So instead of two 5 year olds, we have two 6 year olds, atleast until the end of October when Clay will turn 7, then we will have every age between 5 and 8. Our family has a policy that you get a party on your odd birthday and do a fun family thing on your even birthday. However, this being "M's" first year with us, we decided to have a party. So we had a Mexican Fiesta. It was a bit of work, but I think all had fun. I think we had close to 20 kids.

3) School started. Of course that goes with #2. So far, so good. We are 2 weeks in, just 34 to go! No really, I am enjoying it, a lot.

Our family is still adjusting, although, I think we are adjusting well. A few weeks ago we had our monthly meeting with the social worker and I met with the CASA worker. It brought back the realization that "M" is still not legally ours. It is hard sometimes remember that. I can't imagine our family without her, we are to the point, that honestly it is hard to remember life with out her. So as you think of us, continue to pray. It isn't over until the adoption finalization, that could still be months. Well that is all for now, I think I will post some more vacation stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I love your statement "... we are to the point, that honestly it is hard to remember life with out her." GOD is so good!

    ReplyDelete