Monday, September 13, 2010

Next Stop: Sullivan, IN

After 3 nights in Kansas, we got back in the car to visit both of my grandmothers in Sullivan, Indiana. The land began to look more and more familiar. Corn fields were becoming more frequent and the humidity was rising. Oh my goodness was the humidity high? We stopped in Illinois for lunch and I was sweating just sitting there. The first morning at my grandma's house, I tried to take video and the camera fogged up! I thought maybe I had weakened in my dry California climate. I grew up in the humidity, but I didn't think I could take it. I was told by several that this summer has been one of the worse ever! So it wasn't just me. Needless to say, I was happy to go back to the dryness I was growing accustomed to. Anyway, we arrived in Sullivan on August 3rd and stayed 3 nights. There we spent time with both my grandmothers, my mom, my sister, and aunts, uncles and cousins. The kids had a great time playing with the children of my cousins, some sort of cousin to them, not sure what you would call them. I was happy to be back in Sullivan, a place a visited all of the time growing up. I indulged myself with Grandma's strawberry preserves (about a spoonful on every bite!)

All the kids love playing Grandma's piano. And Grandma loves hearing them. No matter what they sound like! This piano was given to my grandma from her father when she was a young girl. I use to play it all the time when I would visit. Maybe "play" is the wrong word. I would push the keys and make some noise. I never did learn how to play anything beyond "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and "Happy Birthday to You"


My mom brought Legos for the kids to play with while we were visiting the grandmas. My kids love Legos, so many hours were spent creating.



My aunt bought all the kids a water gun to play with at my grandma's house. They loved it and it felt very nice on the hot day!



My aunt and grandma. So good to see family.


Stay tuned...next stop Indianapolis

No comments:

Post a Comment