Monday, September 13, 2010

On to Kansas

After two nights in Albuquerque, NM, we headed to Jathan's sister's home in Kansas. There we spent 3 nights. The kids enjoyed the big yard, playing with cousins and the go carts.

As we traveled to Kansas we went through Texas and Oklahoma, stopping in Oklahoma for a picnic lunch. The landscape was definitely changing from the interesting mesas to dry flat land used for farming then to the green landscape of Kansas.

During our time in Kansas, we were able to do a lot of visiting. Jathan played a lot of basketball with his 18 year old nephew and we all played some board games. The kids were amazed at the huge hay stacks that were taller than they were. From the distance "M" said she thought she could jump over them. Once she saw one up close and saw how much taller it was than her, she realized it was different.

Unfortunately, I didn't take much in the way of photographs and the ones I did take have "M" right in the middle of them, so I can't post them. I did take lots of video, so the memories will stay alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment