Clay for the longest time wanted to wear a tie to church like Daddy does. After he made his own paper tie and wore it one Sunday, I decided that we needed to get him his own real tie. So Daddy took him to the store and picked out a tie. For a while that is all he wanted to wear to church, even if the tie didn't match his clothes. This year he has grown out of the shirt that the tie went with. Now I need to go shopping for a new shirt. The desire is definitely there to wear it.
Drew has spent much time int he bathroom with Daddy while he shaves. Asking questions, wetting his own face. As I was out shopping one day before Christmas, I found a kids shaving set with a pretend razor. The perfect gift for Drew.
As I look as these pictures, I am reminded of how important the father/son relationship is. It is going to be a while before Drew actually begins to shave, but hopefully during these times he will also learn to follow his daddy in other ways besides making sure his face is smooth. I pray that my boys will follow their daddy in leading their families someday, in the way they treat their wives, in the way they provide for their families, and most importantly, in the way they love the Lord. I am grateful for the role model our boys have and I pray that they will continue to want to be like their daddy.


No comments:
Post a Comment