Our dear friends, Stephanie and Pedro, began the adoption process with Haiti back in January of '08. On April 11, 2008, they committed to the adoption of two very precious boys, Ian and Alec. Since then they have been working on paperwork, praying and waiting to be able to travel to Haiti to bring their boys home. Both were able to travel to meet the boys one time and Stephanie was able to go an additional two times to visit and spend time with the boys. But with all three of the visits, they left empty handed and had to say goodbye to their sons. They are in the final stages of paperwork with Haiti, but still there is need for much prayer for all the t's to be crossed and all the i's to be dotted. During the time of wait Pedro and Stephanie have seen God working and blessing them. God has blessed them with the finances on the adoption and he has provided a loving nanny in Haiti to care for the boys. Still they wait. For 600 days they have waited for their sons to come home.
Please pray that the rest of the paperwork would move quickly.
Please pray that the boys would come home before Christmas.
Please pray for protection for the boys as they are living in a country with diseases where children die frequently.
Please pray for Pedro, Stephanie and their three children at home who are waiting, that they would continue to trust God in his timing, with his care and remember that he is good.
Click here if you would like to follow their story and know even better how to pray for them.
Like many things that God calls us to do, adoption isn't always easy. But at the end of the journey it is a blessing that will be worth the wait.
Please pray for Ian and Alec to come home soon.
Thank you,
Melissa
It's Been a Long Time
5 weeks ago


Thank you, Melissa. I hurried over here as soon as I saw "Please Pray" and was surprised to discover the post was about us! I hadn't calculated the 600 days, that sounds even longer than long (sigh.) Love you!
ReplyDeleteI know 600 days is a very long time, I didn't realize it was that long either, although I knew it was long! I thought it was funny that it worked out exactly to 600, I wasn't rounding.
ReplyDeleteThanks for caring for my sis, Melissa! We are all praying those little boys home soon!
ReplyDelete