Thursday, December 31, 2009

Another Year

As the world is celebrating another year tonight, I began my celebrations early by celebrating another birthday today. Ahh! I am now 33. I remember turning 30 and having a couple of friends saying they were glad I was no longer in my 20's since they weren't anymore either. I guess we don't like to feel old alone :) I really can't believe that I am in my 30's. When I was in my 20's, all of my 30's friends seemed so mature. But I have to be honest, I don't feel that way. Sometimes I wonder to myself "Am I mature enough to have a husband, three kids, own a home and make decisions on my own?" My parents always seemed to know what they were doing. I sure don't. Maybe when I turn 40 I will feel that way. I guess I have 7 years until I find out. In the mean time, I will ask God to give me wisdom for each day and thank Him for the blessings that He has given me. Whether I thought I would feel more old or mature than I do as a thirty something, I know that I am blessed more than I could have imagined.

Thank you, God, for the wonderful 33 years you have given me, my family and my friends. Most of all thank you for you and the work you have done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment