Monday, December 7, 2009

Weather Weanie

Weather Weanie is a term that one of our friends that lives here in CA, but has lived elsewhere too, calls Californians that complain about weather being too hot or too cold (like in December and it is in the 60's and they are freezing). Well I have definitely developed into one. Today it wasn't about temperature, although I thought it was a bit chilly until my mom showed me a picture of my sister's neighborhood (I honestly forgot about the possibility of snow elsewhere) so looking at the picture I had to admit that no it really wasn't that cold here. Today it was rain. It rarely rains here which is nice in a sense because we can plan outdoor events and not worry too much about it raining. But not so good when we have a water shortage, which is all of the time. But anyway back to what I was saying. It isn't often that it rains, and even less often that I drive in the rain. So I am driving today to the airport to pick up my mom who is flying in leaving behind snow and ice and I am driving in the rain with a white knuckle grip because honestly I don't think I have driven in a real rain for a couple of years! Can you say WEATHER WEANIE!?!?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I drove in the snow yesterday too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not feeling bad for you at all since I drove Mom to the airport ON ICE. Just for the record I just turned on my heat in the house since it is 62 degrees IN my house right now. My hands feel like ice. That is just indoor - Outdoor it is currently 39 degrees.

    ReplyDelete