Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just Checking in...

Not much to write about. This morning started with trying to get to the farmers market as soon as it opened so I could get home in time to go to Clay's game. It was a foggy morning, I couldn't see more than 10 yards in front of me. I turned on the wrong road and didn't notice (because I couldn't see anything) I noticed when I was at least 3 miles down, thankfully I was headed in the right general direction. After talking to the lady I buy milk from, she happens to be from Chicago, we both decided we won't complain about the fog, not as bad as the weather from where we came. Thankfully I made it in time to get to the game and then Paige's game, then by the time the games were over the sun was out. It ended up being a beautiful, spending time outdoors with no jacket kinda day. But you sure wouldn't have thought that from this morning.

I think the fog here is like snow in other places, no one wants to go anywhere, schools are on delays, and you just want to cuddle up and read a book by the fire. The nice thing though, is that usually later in the day it burns off and you can be out and about. But it can be bad to where you are almost blind when it is thick.

When I first met my new dental hygienist, she learned I was from Indiana and asked about tornadoes. She had never lived in an area with tornadoes and was amazed at the damage they could do. But right away she said, "they may have tornadoes but I bet they don't have the fog like us" I kinda laughed to myself, I think I would rather have fog all around my house than a tornado.

Just to be really random, here is a picture below from around Christmas. Some days we have a beautiful view of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Most days you wouldn't even know it was there. Our air quality is quite poor here in the valley. But on days of lower temperatures and after a nice cleansing rain (which unfortunately rarely ever happens) you can see every jagged, snow covered peak.


No comments:

Post a Comment