Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Exhaustion and Disappointment

The past 7 days have been CRAZY! Lots to do and the emotions of knowing that there is a little girl for us! So we started the 7 days getting to meet our little girl "M". You can read about that crazy day in an earlier post. Thursday and Friday were spent getting ready for the crazy weekend. We were watching my friends two kids and their two pets for the weekend (which was really no problem at all) We also had a mission retreat at our church and were housing a missionary couple and their child. Friday during the frantic cleaning frenzy the belt broke on my vacuum right after we had to rip the boys room apart because Clay took out his 2 hermit crabs and put them in a shallow bowl and forgot about them. Of course when they were remembered, they were not in the shallow bowl. Finding two crabs that could be anywhere in a house was not what I wanted to do as I was getting ready for all the company. I was just imaging one crawling across one of the missionaries as they were trying to sleep that night. Thankfully after removing everything from under the boys bunk beds, and toy box, we found both of the crabs not far from their home. I was able to get the house mostly the way I wanted before company. Saturday I spent most of the day at the retreat helping with the meals for the missionaries. The time I had at home I was preparing for Jathan's sister's family who was coming in that evening from out of state. After the Saturday night mission's meal, I came home and our family had arrived. Thankfully they were traveling with their camper so they could hookup outside our house. It is always nice when your company bring their own beds. We had a cozy night with 10 extra people around! Sunday, after church, the missionaries left, then my friend's kids left that evening and we were back down to 5 extra people. Monday we went up into the Sequoias and spent the day hiking and exploring. So that brings us to today. Our family was going to leave after we picked up "M" in the afternoon, but we received a call that "M" is sick and not able to come. Now that our family left, we are now back to just the five of us. I have to admit that I am quite disappointed that we didn't get to see "M" today. I really hope that she will be better so we can have her Friday night. This transition time is kinda weird to me, but I guess it is all necessary.

And now that the day is over I think I am going to head to bed early and look forward to a quieter day tomorrow.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that "M" was not able to make it tonight, Melissa. Perhaps God wanted to give you guys a breather and a last bit of time for just the five of you ... but I know waiting is hard. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete