Monday, May 17, 2010

The Days Are Flying

Wow, I didn't realize it has been more than a week since my last post. The days have been crazy, so time on the computer has been a bit less frequent than usual.

Since my last post we have been to the Central Coast and back, the kids were in a play, we had "M" for a night, Jathan did a wedding and now has flown out to Chicago today.

It has been a whirlwind and to be quite honest, I am so totally exhausted, I want to go to bed and it is just 8:30!

But this week is going to be quiet. Jathan will be home in a few days, but while he is gone the kids and I are having an Anne of Green Gables marathon (in addition to school, of course). We have all three DVDs. Even my boys like it. Jathan isn't too sure so we chose to watch while he was a way.

So what is going on with "M"? We had her for an overnight on Friday. Originally thinking we would have her for the entire weekend, we thought it best to keep it as an overnight because of the wedding and not setting her up to fail by running her ragged. It was another good visit. She now knows what our intentions are as she told us that her foster mom said that Paige was going to be her sister and Clay and Drew were going to be her brothers. I am glad that is out. I spoke with her social worker today and we are scheduled for a full weekend visit this coming weekend. Monday we will discuss placement with the social worker.

I would ask that you continue to pray for all of this. There is going to many adjustments, but God's grace is sufficient.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! It brings back MANY memories of our sons' placement almost nine years ago. If we can be of any assistance at all, please don't hesitate to contact us! I know I just needed to talk with someone who had "been there, done that" to make sure that what I was experiencing was normal on some days. It's an adjustment, but worth it in the end! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete