When we moved into our home here in CA and our kids discovered the snails all around, they were pretty excited. Now that we see snails everywhere (on the sidewalk, crawling up the house, and all over the flowers), the novelty of them isn't quite as much as it use to be. And for me, seeing them eat my plants actually makes them my enemy. And I know that two of my friends are not particularly found of them after finding their toddlers with them in their mouths when they weren't looking.
Ewwww Groooooosss!!!!!!!
This morning I was reminded of just how many we have in this town when I went for my morning jog and they were literally all over the sidewalk. They added a bit more challenge to my workout when I tried to dodge them all on the narrow sidewalk. Nothing yuckier than to step on a snail even with shoes on and see them splattered on the pavement.
Well, actually, seeing one of my children with it in their mouth would be yuckier!
Just some rambling this Monday morning. :)
Edit: Ok, it is Monday afternoon and the snail theme has continued. Drew earlier today captured about 5 snails in his bug container. This afternoon, he and his little friend, decided that snails in a container aren't very fun. So they thought they might take them out and smash them on the garage floor. Disgusting!!! The two boys cleaned that up as soon as I saw it and heard one saying "it smells like fish".
Lovely
It's Been a Long Time
5 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment