Last week we took a short Spring Break (3 days off of school) and then eased back into school slowly with a field trip up to the mountains for our first day back of school on Thursday.
We spent the beginning of our day on a Spring nature hike, looking, feeling, listening and smelling all of the signs of Spring in the lower elevation. My hope is to go back to this same trail for each season to see the changes. It was enjoyable walk.
After the walk, the kids decided it was time to go to winter and see some snow up close. So we journeyed and additional 4,000 feet up and found it. This is the first the kids had been in the snow all winter. We had seen it in the distance up in the mountains (which is the way I like it, at a distance!)
Even though I am not a snow lover, I have to admit it was a perfect snow day. It had snowed the day before, so the snow was fresh and it was perfect for snow balls. We played for quite a while throwing snow balls and making snow angels and a snowman. It was fun, but I was glad to journey down the mountain to the warmer valley after the day was done.


No comments:
Post a Comment