Friday, April 13, 2012

Not for the Faint of Heart

That is how I would describe adoption. I want to write a longer post on this soon, but right now, all I can do is remind myself that it isn't for the faint of heart. But my heart is not alone. God called us to this and He has not left us alone.

He
is
with
me

Every. Single. Moment.

Right now my son is screaming in the other room that he wants his Korean family. He says I don't care about him, etc, etc.

I know he doesn't mean it.

It will end like it always does with tears. He will want me to hold him.

But even though I know that. And I know that he is not in his right mind right now.
It still hurts at this moment.

But I am going to choose to turn to the one who heals the broken hearted. Because though it hurts, he is working in me through this.

I thank God for that.


1 comment:

  1. I've been there (not the exact same circumstances), and no matter how much you 'know it's not personal' as the parent, it still really hurts. Since you do love him and are his mommy, it just plain hurts. I would love to read about what you're going through and hopefully we can all encourage each other! It's not for the faint of heart for sure :)

    ReplyDelete