After time spent using all my learned tactics on how to calm a raging child, I was ready to throw in the towel. Thankfully Jathan was about to leave but hadn't yet. If it is only a 5 minute break, it still helps. So he stepped in, allowed me to breath for 5 minutes, then he had to leave.
I stepped up again.
Finally, Drew settled down and instead of screaming mad, he cried sad.
I held him.
We took relaxing breaths.
Then he says in a defeated tone
"life in my body is hard".
Heart breaks
I try to empathize with him, encourage him, point him to Jesus, assure him of our love for him, remind him he is not alone.
But I don't totally understand. He knows it, he sees my frustration.
Life is hard inside his body.


Oh, Melissa. I am just now seeing your post. So very hard, indeed. Praying for you, my friend.
ReplyDelete