Here is Paige 4 years ago.

Here she is opening her presents on her birthday. She got 2 backpacks from her grandparents. She wanted a small one to carry a few things when we hike up in the Sequoias. She also got a little one for our travels, I thought her Dora the Explorer backpack from preschool was a little outdated.
Yes, my daughter is a Steelers fan. Paige has liked the Steelers ever since she got into football. She says the Colts are her second favorite. But to her, the Steelers are #1. She has several Colts items, but I felt it was time that she had something with "her" team on it. And Jathan didn't argue. So she received a Steelers pillow, earrings and alarm clock. She was pretty happy.

Since it is an odd year birthday for Paige, she got to have a party. The parties have definitely changed a bit since the first ones I did for her. She has her own ideas now. This year she wanted a few families to come for dinner. She wanted a few games and knew exactly which ones she wanted. One was a version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey. We have had that game at about every birthday party we have done. Usually with a little twist to fit the theme like pin the license plate on Lightning McQueen for the Cars party and pin the sombrero on the vaquero for the Mexican birthday. So Paige wanted pin the tail on the whale. I have to say that I thought this to be a little under her age and wondered what the other kids her age would think, but when it came time to do it at the party the kids threw in a new twist and had the parents do it.
They had great fun blindfolding us, spinning us around and directing us to the actual game. Paige had a great time at her party. She was with family and friends, so she was happy.



How sweet, Melissa. Paige looks so different in the new pictures, still beautiful but starting to look "grownupish." I know what you mean about loving to know her dreams. It's a sweet time of life! Please tell her we said Happy Belated Birthday.
ReplyDelete