Tuesday, April 5, 2011

We've Come a Long Way

Thank you to those that commented on my last post and shared that you were praying for us. That means so much to me.

I posted that Sunday morning. Around lunch time I was in the kitchen and "M" was listening to a CD in the adjoining room. The CD is one that the kids listened to ALL the time last summer. Once school started in the fall, we didn't hear so much and through winter and now spring, I don't recall the CD being played at all. So when she had the music going, it immediately took me back to last summer. I thought of the beginning days with "M" and the first couple of months. I realized how far we have come. How far God has brought us. We were in a valley last month, but looking back that valley wasn't as low as the valleys we were in at the beginning. It helped to look back and think of it as going through a mountain range. When you start you are low, but you climb, get to the top of a peak and then you will go down again, before you climb to get to the next. The next climb will take you to a peak a bit higher then the last. And so it goes. When you are in the middle of it you forget how far you have come. Sometimes you are in a valley and you look back at the last peak and get frustrated, but there is a bigger peak just ahead. I needed to remember that. We have come so far. She calls us mommy and daddy. Yesterday she gave Paige a card that said "I Love You". She is learning what it is like to be in a family. I see her as mine. We have come so far. I needed to be reminded that God is working. The next valley will still be hard, but I want to remember that the peak ahead will be worth the work and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Your last two posts have brought me to tears, Melissa. We, too, are going through some valleys again with our boys. I love the quote that you used about their past not determining their future. God makes all the difference, if they let Him. Sometimes it seems like one step forward and one hundred steps back...but they are our children, and we keep loving them as best as we can. Thanks for the reminder that we are not alone on this journey! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete