I love hearing the kids answer that question. Sometimes it is me outright asking and other times it is them just volunteering it in a conversation. Their interests are broad so I never know what will come to their minds at the time. But for today...
Drew wants to work in a zoo and help animals.
"M" wants to work in a zoo as a dentist. There she will only work on the animals that are not meat eaters (she doesn't want to be bitten) Then after she works on the animals teeth, she will work on peoples teeth.
Paige want to be a creation scientist. I believe this was encouraged by her love of experiments and listening to all the Jonathan Park Adventure CDs.
Clay wants to be an underground scientist. You see he has a plan that he has been working on. When he is 21 years old he will begin digging to the center of the world. He has the plans drawn out for the machine that will get the job done. His plan is to begin collecting pieces to build this machine now. As he told me, he will ask for parts for every birthday and Christmas until he is 21, then he should have everything he needs. So for this Christmas he is requesting pieces of metal. After the hole is dug, he will take people on tours to the center of the earth. Clay told me that I could go for free on my birthday and Mother's Day and every Monday so Daddy can take me on a date there. He already has his outfit ready, the pants are already too short, so I am not sure how it will work when he is 21, but he has time to figure that out. In case you like to plan ahead 14 years, tickets are going to be $20 a piece round trip.
It's Been a Long Time
5 weeks ago


I love it! Clay's plan is so cute - especially the part about scheduling Daddy/Mommy dates in each week! :)
ReplyDeleteToo cute! What a planner...my 16 y/o needs some help from Clay to get motivated for his future!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, he cracks me up!! He reminds me so much of Jack... always thinking (and me always TRYING to act interested!). Miss you!
ReplyDelete