Monday, June 28, 2010

Just Another Update

It is so hard to post and not put pictures up of "M". She is now our daughter and most of you all have absolutely no idea what she looks like. I guess it can't be helped. It is just the way it is.

I have to say the last two weeks have been waaaaay better then the first two. I really had a hard time the first two weeks, not anything particular with "M", just everything. But I feel that we are getting things now, a routine and so forth. We still need prayer, there is a lot of bonding to make up for and still adjustments to be made. But I don't feel like I am going to lose it at any moment like I did the first 2 weeks.

I found out that I will be able to homeschool her. We do need to go through a charter homeschool, but I was so happy that I could keep her home. She was happy too. There was one charter school in particular that I was really hoping to get her into but when I called they said that they had a waiting list. Jathan called a few days later and explained our situation and asked when could we expect to find out if we would get in or not. The administrator told him that she felt for our situation so she would get us if I could come the next day to do the paperwork. Praise God! I was so thrilled.

"M" lost her first tooth at our house this weekend. She was so excited because when she put it under her pillow the "tooth fairy" put a dollar in exchange for it. I guess her first tooth she lost she put it under the pillow and in the morning the tooth was gone, but there was nothing left. So she was excited this time around for the treat. The kids know that there is no such thing as the tooth fairy, but we still go through the tradition.

The kids have all been in swimming lessons. "M" never swam before coming to our house and she is doing a great job. She even jumped off the diving board on Friday night at a friend's house. Paige and Clay are working on their strokes, Drew is working on swimming above the water (my friend jokes that he should be a pearl diver) and "M" is working on swimming in general. It has been fun to see all of the improvement with them all.

My mom and sister came the week before last to meet "M". We are going to Indiana towards the end of the summer to introduce her to the rest of our family. I am excited because we will get to stop in New Mexico to see some friends and in Kansas to see Jathan's sister and her family. It will be quite a trip, but we are looking forward to it. It is weird to think that "M" is our daughter but she hasn't met most of the family. I will be glad when she can know the people we talk about.

Well, I guess this is a modge podge of an update, but I am just trying to grab a few minutes at the computer, so this is what I came up with. :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that things are going better. It definitely takes time, and the "funny" thing is, just when you think you've finished with a behavior, it can crop its ugly head again! Nine years later, and we still have times when things crop up that are related to our boys' transition times. Weird, but the way it goes! Still praying! (And I know how you feel about not being able to post a photo...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we are praying for you guys!! It's probably a long shot (I'm sure your time will be packed and very limited), but would love to see you when you're here... even if only for an hour! :)

    ReplyDelete