I didn't intend to go 12 days without updating this blog. But due to a variety of reasons, one being that I can't seem to find 5 minutes to do anything except the absolute necessities, it has taken 12 days to update. I began this post this morning. And it is now 10 pm. And this is as far as I got. I imagine you are feeling very informed on what is going on in our household, huh? But that is life right now. So I will try to give a quick update.
We are doing well.
We are adjusting and I believe that it is going well.
It is going well, but it is still hard, harder on me than I thought it would be.
"M" seems happy, so I am grateful for that (and I know that parenting is NOT about making your kids happy, but I am glad that she is happy in our home).
You can continue to pray for
-adjusting
-discipline
-the affects that this addition has had on the other three kids
-all the extras that having a foster child brings (appointments, etc.)
-bonding
-family time and Mommy and Daddy time
Well like I said, it is 10 pm, and I think I am going to bed. We are going to the zoo tomorrow morning, and I have several things to do in the morning before we head out, so I need a bit of sleep.
Good night!
It's Been a Long Time
3 months ago


Glad things are moving along, albeit, I'm sure much more slowly and laboriously then you would like! Kids are resilient, and everyone will adjust eventually. Think of it as being pruned...it hurts, but growth comes as a result! Blessings to all!
ReplyDelete