Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let the Waiting Begin

We are finished with everything... with the nine 3 hour long foster classes, the three 2 hour home visits, the home inspection, the Drug Effected Infant class, the finger printing, the adoption orientation and all of the paperwork.

So now we wait.

To be totally honest, this is the part I struggle with the most. Up until now I was doing something to work towards this adoption, now I just have to wait.

I went to an adoptions meeting tonight and asked how long could I expect to wait knowing that there is no definite time frame and she said usually she tells people 6-12 months, to look at it like a pregnancy. But looking at what the age and races we are willing to accept, to expect 3-6 months. I have to be completely honest, I was disappointed. I know that in the adoption world, that really isn't that long. But this isn't our first try at it either. We began working on adopting our 4th child the end of '07. So I was disappointed. I don't know why but in my mind, I had this hope that tonight she would tell me that she looked over our file today and she had the perfect match just waiting for us. I know that is silly, crazy really, but that was on my mind.

So I will wait patiently. I will wait trusting in the Lord's perfect timing. And when I get impatient or frustrated with the wait (maybe those two are the same thing), I will pray to God giving Him praise and thanksgiving and ask for His strength to keep on in the wait.

Also in the meantime, I have 3 beautiful children that God has already given me to parent. I want to fully invest in them for His glory to train them in His ways. And I will thank God for those three children that He has given Jathan and I.

I will keep you updated on our wait. You can pray for us too on our wait. I know that I can use it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to see what (I should say "who") God has in store for your beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete