Well God has truly blessed us. This week, I was on crib search. I checked Craig's List, with not too much luck. I also went to a special town sale with my friend, where they had used baby and children's items for sale. They had one crib. And it was $450. For a used crib! I thought that was a little high and a lot out of my price range. That night, as I was once again on Craigslist, I get an email from my friend (the one that I went to the sale with) and she found us a crib. Not just any crib though, a free crib! She had a friend who had given a crib to another friend that didn't need the crib anymore and was getting rid of it, so the friend called the other friend and found out that she hadn't gotten rid of it yet, so she is giving it to us!
Then I just needed the mattress. So here is the dilemma. Do you buy a used mattress that you don't know where it has been? I love buying used, it is just mattresses I am a little scared about. But a new one is a hundred bucks, but what if we don't get a baby and then the crib won't be used and the money would be wasted. But even a used mattress is $25 and that would be a waste too if it isn't used because the child we get is too old for a crib. So what to do? Well, my neighbor calls yesterday afternoon to ask to borrow our bike trailer. So I get the trailer and take it to her. I am in her garage to show her how to hook it up and there against the wall is a crib mattress. I asked, "Is Nolan out of the crib already?" He will be one next week, so I was a little surprised. She said, "No, one of my clients gave me a bunch of baby stuff including the mattress but we didn't need it, do you need one?" I said "Well, actually I was going to ask to borrow it if you are not using it for our inspection." She then said "You can have it, it is a very nice mattress, we just already had one."
Praise God!!!!!
We will get the crib Tuesday, get it set up and call our social worker to come out and look at it so she can put on our file that we can take a child under the age of two! Then we will most likely take it down, because I do not want to look at an empty crib not knowing when or even if it will get filled. But I am praising God for providing in such a neat way.
It's Been a Long Time
5 weeks ago


Wow, isn't it amazing how God always provides?! And yet we still doubt Him the next time. We're slow learners... :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so great how God provided for your needs! :)
ReplyDelete