So we are dropping like flies around here. Last Sunday, Clay woke up with a fever and began vomiting that day. The next few days were fever free, but you could tell he still didn't feel well. Then on Thursday, the fever came back with a cough. Friday the fever was gone, but still had the cough. Yesterday, Paige and Clay had a soccer game, I kept Clay home because I wanted to make sure that he was recovered. Then right before leaving to do a wedding yesterday, Jathan began coughing and started a fever. As I was about to take the kids over to the neighbors to watch during the wedding, Paige began a fever. Our neighbors still wanted to watch the kids so I could go with my sick husband to the wedding, they said that they would quarantine Paige. So we go to the wedding, Jathan's voice lasts just long enough to get the couple married. He goes home, I stay. He gets the kids, our very kind neighbors had thrown a little birthday party for Clay, oh yeah, it was his birthday! Don't I feel like the mother of the year, my neighbors take care of my sick kid and throw a party for one of my other kid's birthday. Jathan gets them home puts them to bed. I come home to a now sicker husband, then go to kiss the kids goodnight and now Drew has a fever. So this morning, there are still three with fevers. Jathan is at church preaching (he is coming home as soon as he is done), I am praying he makes it through. I stayed home with the sick kids and Clay. I am the last one standing, praying that it moves on out of our home very, very soon! But as a friend told me this morning when he called "the writing is on the wall" It isn't looking too good for me.
Hi, my name is Melissa. My husband, Jathan, and I have 4 beautiful children, 2 by birth and 2 by adoption. Jathan is a pastor and I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom.
You will find me writing about my kids, my husband, God, adoption, homeschooling, our travels, life events and everything in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment