Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lucky 13


August 1st was our 13th wedding anniversary. Thirteen wonderful years with my best friend.

My mom was visiting from Indiana, so we left the kids with her and ventured up to Kings Canyon National Park to hike to Mist Falls. The hike totaled 9.2 miles, mostly flat with a 600 foot elevation gain at the end, but it wasn't bad at all. Every bit of the hike was beautiful. So I got to spend the day with my most favorite person doing one of my most favorite things! I am a blessed girl!

This is our drive through Sequoia National Forest.




Now for the hike







We reached our destination: Mist Falls


Lunch, not a bad view



We walked a little closer to the falls and sat on these rocks for a while. It was quite loud with the water raging next to us, but so relaxing. We had a huge snow pack this past winter and now it is all melting causing the rivers to rage, which is both beautiful and dangerous.



We drove home and found our kids had made a shadow puppet show similar to what Paige and Clay learned about in Williamsburg. So that was our evening show after a pizza dinner (one of my favorites) Anniversaries look different now that we have kids. I look at them (the kids) and think of how they are one of the many benefits to marriage.

I think God for our marriage and Jathan's godly leadership and love for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, where's Pedro, Steph and Eva on this hike?? You mean you didn't have to carry baby carriages over the cliffs?? What kind of hike is that?? :)

    Seriously, Happy Anniversary! Every time I hear of your hiking adventures and see the beautiful places you visit, I think GOD placed you in exactly the right spot to serve Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hike will ever quite be like the first hike with Eva. I can still picture the guys carrying her stroller and her looking like a princess with her caravan. Fun memories!

    ReplyDelete